There are newer employer reviews for G4S

Security

Current Employee - Security
Current Employee - Security

I have been working at G4S full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay and good benefits.

Cons

Shift work with long hours.

301 Other Employee Reviews for G4S (View Most Recent)

So-so

Current Employee - Security Officer in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Asheville, NC

I have been working at G4S full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime pay, holiday pay, and paid vacation. Also, good benefits and very nice management staff.

Cons

No raises, unless you get rank, but to get rank, you have to kill yourself working. Most sites do not pay more than $8.50 per hour. Psychotic co-workers. The client at most sites treat officers really badly. You never know where you will end up due to contracts ending and changing.

None. They are doing the best that they can. It is very difficult to find good quality people to work all shifts, put themselves in dangerous situations, and deal with awful people for such low pay.

Get it together G4S

Current Employee - CPO in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - CPO in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at G4S full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay when you get on perminate at a site, health benefits are ok.

Cons

Management don't answer emails or return phone calls when you are trying to resolve an important matter, they think they are untouchable when they get into the higher positions. Some supervisors are not equiped to work in a high position because either are to scared to loose a job or they don't have a backbone to stand on their own two feet and manage the people under them! They will throw you under the bus to make them look better! The co-workers think that the pay they get as a CPO is gold and they dissrespect each other just because they got officer of the year! Like their poo poo don't stink! They will tell the supervisor what to do, it is like to many cheifs and not enough indians! I went to help with sandy relief, NOT, securing banks was a better word, standing outside in the cold while the bank was open, some of the bank employees acted like they was better and couldn't talk to you! The G4S upper management put you into shabby none speaking english hotels while they put the office people in excellent hotels! At the end I had to speak up and threaten until I got what I wanted! Still waiting on money they owe me!!!

Do an overhaul and get rid of the people who don't know what they are doing and screen and replace them with people who really care about the officers! Stop putting people in their who are rude and disrepectful!

There are newer employer reviews for G4S