There are newer employer reviews for G4S

Not the best, but not the worst.

Current Employee - Custom Protection Officer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Custom Protection Officer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at G4S full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work is stable, they do pay you for overtime and holiday hours, the posts I've been to have all been good, and they don't have a problem giving you new uniforms if you need them.

Cons

They like playing favorites when it comes to promotions. A guy I work with hasn't been with the company for a month and he's offered a promotion while I have been there for months and equally as qualified yet I'm ignored. When I asked about an opening (after being told there was one but 2 Street Captains) for Street Captain I was told there wasn't while a coworker was told there was.

Don't lie to your employees, and if you're going to reprimand one person but not another for the same offense that doesn't look good on you. Also stop playing favorites and let anyone qualified for a position have a shot at it.

301 Other Employee Reviews for G4S (View Most Recent)

Security

Current Employee - Security
    Current Employee - Security

I have been working at G4S full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay and good benefits.

Cons

Shift work with long hours.

So-so

Current Employee - Security Officer in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Asheville, NC

I have been working at G4S full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime pay, holiday pay, and paid vacation. Also, good benefits and very nice management staff.

Cons

No raises, unless you get rank, but to get rank, you have to kill yourself working. Most sites do not pay more than $8.50 per hour. Psychotic co-workers. The client at most sites treat officers really badly. You never know where you will end up due to contracts ending and changing.

None. They are doing the best that they can. It is very difficult to find good quality people to work all shifts, put themselves in dangerous situations, and deal with awful people for such low pay.

There are newer employer reviews for G4S