G4S

www.g4s.com
  www.g4s.com
There are newer employer reviews for G4S

Steady, but completely unsupported.

Former Employee - Upscale Security Officer in Barrington, IL
Former Employee - Upscale Security Officer in Barrington, IL

I worked at G4S full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady work, 'decent' entry pay, good benefits (if a little expensive, full benefits cost me 1/4 of my paycheck)

Cons

Office has no incentive or interest in actively supporting the field. Requests for season-necessary uniforms(-30F temperatures outside and they made me go to work with short-sleeve shirts and a windbreaker) were at >= 6 months to be processed. Unannounced policy changes such as vacation freeze (or unannounced rollback if you were above new-hire vacation time for your paygrade) (only applicable to non-office personnel). They've been in a 'temporary' pay freeze since 2007, only applicable to non-office personnel.

Corporate management: incentive-ize things other than the bottom line because quality is greater than quantity and your good officers are leaving the company for others. Important: MONITOR your regional offices and their policies. I can't believe G4S as a company is surviving if all offices are as bad as my regional one. Specific: terminate the Westchester, IL office personnel from top to bottom. You've done two audits in 4 years and replaced half the office personnel, yet the situation is unchanged. The office is corrupt and they've gotten into the habit of running it that way. You won't be able to salvage or change the admin, and your office would honestly be both more efficient and profitable if you eliminated the entire staff and started from veterans from both G4S or those from other companies that are effective.

323 Other Employee Reviews for G4S (View Most Recent)

It was ok

Former Employee - G4S Security Officer in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - G4S Security Officer in Honolulu, HI

I worked at G4S full-time (more than an year)

Pros

401K, free uniforms, medical they only pay some but you pay most. They give you alot of work.

Cons

Schedules suck, Ive been to sites where they dont tell me im being moved till i got to the site. Captians are ok but mostly care for themselves vary few are honorably. Pay is slightly higher but what good is making money if you have no time to spend it and im just glad im out.

Take care of guards

Great Company

I have been working at G4S full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has fair compensation packages, but most of all there is real opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Lack of annual raises even though the company has had record earnings in the US business. In addition, the UK Group is way to involved with the US Operations.

There are newer employer reviews for G4S