There are newer employer reviews for G4S

Steady, but completely unsupported.

Former Employee - Upscale Security Officer in Barrington, IL
Former Employee - Upscale Security Officer in Barrington, IL

I worked at G4S full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady work, 'decent' entry pay, good benefits (if a little expensive, full benefits cost me 1/4 of my paycheck)

Cons

Office has no incentive or interest in actively supporting the field. Requests for season-necessary uniforms(-30F temperatures outside and they made me go to work with short-sleeve shirts and a windbreaker) were at >= 6 months to be processed. Unannounced policy changes such as vacation freeze (or unannounced rollback if you were above new-hire vacation time for your paygrade) (only applicable to non-office personnel). They've been in a 'temporary' pay freeze since 2007, only applicable to non-office personnel.

Advice to Management

Corporate management: incentive-ize things other than the bottom line because quality is greater than quantity and your good officers are leaving the company for others. Important: MONITOR your regional offices and their policies. I can't believe G4S as a company is surviving if all offices are as bad as my regional one. Specific: terminate the Westchester, IL office personnel from top to bottom. You've done two audits in 4 years and replaced half the office personnel, yet the situation is unchanged. The office is corrupt and they've gotten into the habit of running it that way. You won't be able to salvage or change the admin, and your office would honestly be both more efficient and profitable if you eliminated the entire staff and started from veterans from both G4S or those from other companies that are effective.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The worst job of my life.

Current Employee - Traditional Security Officer in Middletown, PA
    Current Employee - Traditional Security Officer in Middletown, PA

I have been working at G4S full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free time and decent co-workers

Cons

Low pay, shady management, incompetence.

Advice to Management

Clean House please.

Incompetent leaders and the good ol' boy system

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at G4S full-time

Pros

Got to do homework while going to school.

Cons

Advancement depends on if you are military even with a degree you will never be a site supervisor.Advancement comes to those who get on their knees and never get up. Constantly losing accounts Leadership is incompetent You will never get a pay raise untill you find a job with a different company