G4S Secure Solutions North America

www.g4s.us
  www.g4s.us
There are newer employer reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America

Deceptive managment. Don't waste time becoming a "CPO".

Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

i work with some good folks. site isn't far from home.

Cons

The managment will lie to you to satisfy their needs. don't be fooled by the whole "Custom Protection Officer" thing; they carry an old 6-shooter and wear a Barney Fife uniform. Chances are they won't send you to a armed guard site, but will send you to get licensed to cary anyways. Why you ask? so when they bid on a contract they can say "we have this many CPO's ". Then when they get the contract, they'll keep you at your miserable, low paying site and hire new fools.

Since most of the managment positions are held by over-the-hill, geriatric has-beens, I recommend they do they company a favor and check themselves into the nearest nursing home and simply wait to die. Give some young blood a chance!

118 Other Employee Reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America (View Most Recent)

An "OK" job, A bad career choice.

Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

Unlike must companies, Wackenhut does not mind paying overtime wages. In fact, if you are willing to put in the hours, a worker can double, or even triple their normal take home pay with overtime work. Job security is another plus. Wackenhut is one of the biggest security companies in the world, and they have plenty of work. Due to the high turnover rate, Wackenhut usually has more open positions than workers to fill them. In short, if you need a job and are willing to put in some hours, Wackenhut is a good choice until something better comes along.

Cons

As a security supervisor, I feel that in most instances Wackenhut will hire almost anybody to fill an open position. For example, I have been assigned people who write at a 3rd grade level and are simply incompetent. Some of these people cannot retain the required information in a timely manner. This is frustrating because I work at a site that requires the security staff to be computer literate and write at a 12th grade level. Also, the turnover rate is disappointing .On several occasions, I have spent numerous hours training new people to find out that they have already found another job and will be gone in a few days.

Wackenhut needs to provide better health/medical benifts. Also, Wacheknut needs to have some type of hiring criteria before hiring prospective employees.

Great company to get a fresh start, extremely military friendly

Current Employee - CPO in Lithi Patu (Nepal)
    Current Employee - CPO in Lithi Patu (Nepal)

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

Great atmosphere with awesome clients and coworkers.

Cons

Difficult shift schedule for little pay, but thereally are opportunities for overtime

Really profile your new hires and take into consideration there military background. Place them in good positions to positively effect the company and clients.

There are newer employer reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America