There are newer employer reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America

Deceptive managment. Don't waste time becoming a "CPO".

Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

i work with some good folks. site isn't far from home.

Cons

The managment will lie to you to satisfy their needs. don't be fooled by the whole "Custom Protection Officer" thing; they carry an old 6-shooter and wear a Barney Fife uniform. Chances are they won't send you to a armed guard site, but will send you to get licensed to cary anyways. Why you ask? so when they bid on a contract they can say "we have this many CPO's ". Then when they get the contract, they'll keep you at your miserable, low paying site and hire new fools.

Advice to Management

Since most of the managment positions are held by over-the-hill, geriatric has-beens, I recommend they do they company a favor and check themselves into the nearest nursing home and simply wait to die. Give some young blood a chance!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

An "OK" job, A bad career choice.

Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

Unlike must companies, Wackenhut does not mind paying overtime wages. In fact, if you are willing to put in the hours, a worker can double, or even triple their normal take home pay with overtime work. Job security is another plus. Wackenhut is one of the biggest security companies in the world, and they have plenty of work. Due to the high turnover rate, Wackenhut usually has more open positions than workers to fill them. In short, if you need a job and are willing to put in some hours, Wackenhut is a good choice until something better comes along.

Cons

As a security supervisor, I feel that in most instances Wackenhut will hire almost anybody to fill an open position. For example, I have been assigned people who write at a 3rd grade level and are simply incompetent. Some of these people cannot retain the required information in a timely manner. This is frustrating because I work at a site that requires the security staff to be computer literate and write at a 12th grade level. Also, the turnover rate is disappointing .On several occasions, I have spent numerous hours training new people to find out that they have already found another job and will be gone in a few days.

Advice to Management

Wackenhut needs to provide better health/medical benifts. Also, Wacheknut needs to have some type of hiring criteria before hiring prospective employees.

2. Security Officer

Former Employee - Security Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the largest organisation in security industry, It have a lot of career opportunities.

Cons

Working part-time I did not work more than 96 hrs/month thus did not qualified for union benefits though some amount from my salary was being deducted for the same.