There are newer employer reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America

Deceptive managment. Don't waste time becoming a "CPO".

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

i work with some good folks. site isn't far from home.

Cons

The managment will lie to you to satisfy their needs. don't be fooled by the whole "Custom Protection Officer" thing; they carry an old 6-shooter and wear a Barney Fife uniform. Chances are they won't send you to a armed guard site, but will send you to get licensed to cary anyways. Why you ask? so when they bid on a contract they can say "we have this many CPO's ". Then when they get the contract, they'll keep you at your miserable, low paying site and hire new fools.

Since most of the managment positions are held by over-the-hill, geriatric has-beens, I recommend they do they company a favor and check themselves into the nearest nursing home and simply wait to die. Give some young blood a chance!

84 Other Employee Reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America (View Most Recent)

An "OK" job, A bad career choice.

Current Employee - Security Supervisor  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America

Pros

Unlike must companies, Wackenhut does not mind paying overtime wages. In fact, if you are willing to put in the hours, a worker can double, or even triple their normal take home pay with overtime work. Job security is another plus. Wackenhut is one of the biggest security companies in the world, and they have plenty of work. Due to the high turnover rate, Wackenhut usually has more open positions than workers to fill them. In short, if you need a job and are willing to put in some hours, Wackenhut is a good choice until something better comes along.

Cons

As a security supervisor, I feel that in most instances Wackenhut will hire almost anybody to fill an open position. For example, I have been assigned people who write at a 3rd grade level and are simply incompetent. Some of these people cannot retain the required information in a timely manner. This is frustrating because I work at a site that requires the security staff to be computer literate and write at a 12th grade level. Also, the turnover rate is disappointing .On several occasions, I have spent numerous hours training new people to find out that they have already found another job and will be gone in a few days.

Wackenhut needs to provide better health/medical benifts. Also, Wacheknut needs to have some type of hiring criteria before hiring prospective employees.

Prior to the buyout - A very family oriented company

Former Employee - Rd Capt/Area Supervisor/Security Director
    Former Employee - Rd Capt/Area Supervisor/Security Director

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am proud to have been a part of the company when it was called Wackenhut. There was a sense of pride in working for the BEST in the industry. Everyone starts off the same and you were rewarded for performance not just longevity. We could afford to pay higher wages and were one of the only contract security companies that allowed OT as it was a great recruiting and retention tool. Knowing that just to be hired required a background well and above the basic licensing requirement created a camaraderie that gave added value to our clients. Although there were others who tried to imitate our business model, no one was ever really considered "competition". We took care of the customer and our employees and the bottom line took care of itself.

Cons

The buyout to Group 4 Falck and G4S Secure Solutions USA. The corporate model is European-based and as such removed those pros stated above.

Learn from the business model that George created and made it a valued name for you to have acquired it. You can't cut corners and still provide superior service. One of the most important things every security client values most is consistency, especially in staffing. They like to see familiar faces and hate change because it erodes trust. At the end of the day all you really have to sell is TRUST. Wackenhut consistently had superior retention numbers compared to other companies because that didn't compromise core values for the sake of profit alone.

There are newer employer reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America

Worked for G4S Secure Solutions North America? Contribute to the Community!