Rewarding with lots to learn

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering  in  Quakertown, PA
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at GAF

Pros

You are showed respect and people care about you progressing.

Cons

Benifits package not good. High cost for medical.

Share more info with employees

Other Reviews for GAF

Hectic and super-stressful but fun and satisfying at the same time!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at GAF

Pros

Ted Marcopolus and Paul Bromfield are some of the best marketers in any industry - let alone shingles.
    Good people.
    Never a dull moment!

Cons

Some people are not disciplined like they should be. There is a terrible double standard. There are some employees that call out "sick" way too often, come in late almost every day, take 2 hour lunches, etc. It is unfortunate for those of us that are honest and hard working, makes our department look bad, and lowers morale.

Deal with the dead weight!

Management and union shut the plant down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at GAF

Pros

Excellent opportunities for those willing to put forth effort. Good pay and benefits package as well as a professional work environment. Promotions from within with a recent emphasis on identifying engineering students while still in school.

Cons

Some of the engineering whiz kids rose a bit too fast and could have used a bit more seasoning. Tampa plant was a union plant that eventually succumbed to corporate's logistical mismanagement after a merger as well as union greed. Poor training for hourly associates because of the union member's perceived threats from new workers.

Half of the reason the plant failed could be attributed to the union. Your end of the bargain was to put the "correct people on the bus"- I think you know how you performed on that one. Perhaps investing in the middle management you had instead of the "golden childs" you tried to unsuccessfully groom would be the way to go.

There are newer employer reviews for GAF.

Worked for GAF? Contribute to the Community!