GAF

www.gaf.com
  www.gaf.com
There are newer employer reviews for GAF

Looking for a Super Job? Look no Further!

Current Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Gainesville, TX
Current Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Gainesville, TX

I have been working at GAF

Pros

Safety. At the plant I work at, safety is considered more important than production. If anyone, regardless of thier pay grade, decides that something is unsafe, they can stop the production line without any fear of retribution. That fosters a sense of community among the workers.

Management listens to everyone's ideas for process improvement. One's ideas may not be adopted, but you know the reason why your idea was rejected.

Management is very flexible on work schedules to help people meet thier personal obligations.

We have cookouts and catered meals from time to time to celebrate an objective or milestone achieved. When I say cookouts, I mean we have burgers, steaks, brats, etc., all paid for by the company....including side dishes contributed by workers.

Cons

To counter the best reasons, we all work very hard, and that sometimes means working 10-12 hour days/nights. It can be tough.

Keep up the good work!

38 Other Employee Reviews for GAF (View Most Recent)

Good Salary /Lack of Communication between Corporate Areas

I have been working at GAF full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has good salary levels for both hourly and salary positions. Not a big amount of turnover in the company

Cons

There appears to be lack of communication between many corporate departments which leads to confusion and sometimes double work or areas going in different directions.

Used to be a World Class Company.................Now I can't wait to get out!!!!

I have been working at GAF full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros........... I am still employed (even though it is here)......

Cons

- There is NO loyalty to its employees
    - And, if you interview at any of our locations you will quickly pick up one thing (there are hardly any women or minorities in leadership roles).. This is especially true for African Americans.. And the ones that have come here never leave happy. - Why is that?
    - The CEO clearly runs the organization as if it's his house

Start recruiting (You are going to need it)......... You are going to see a lot more of leave here to work for organizations that truly value its employees.......

There are newer employer reviews for GAF