Dead end job

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at GAIN Capital

Pros

understanding of forex market.
benefit package is OK.
young and friendly peers.

Cons

No growth opportunities whatsoever, can spend years on the job not learning anything new, not getting more responsibilities or promotions. Very high pressure environment. Team managers are lazy and unresponsive to the issues that you have to bring up to them. It's hard to have any influence on the way business with the clients is done and make your voice heard. You cannot benefit in any way staying at the job longer than 1 year.

Advice to Management

Monitor team managers' work more closely. Provide some opportunities for growth to people who have been with a firm for a while.

reviews filtered by
  1. Positive

I have been working at GAIN Capital

Pros

Flexibility, opportunity, fast growing industry, etc.

Cons

Location, stronger communication, diversify product offerings, stronger move to creating client solutions and just not copying the competition.

Advice to Management

Increase communication

I have to get out of here!!!

I have been working at GAIN Capital

Pros

Young demographic and decent people to work with. I suppose since expectations are constantly being lowered, there are no surprises when raises and bonuses are suck.

Cons

This place is slowly sucking the life out of me. We used to have some pretty decent middle managers but the better they are, the higher the probability they will get the ax. I suppose if there was a plan to replace them, that would be a little understandable but they just get replaced with lower level managers who are too green to know what they're doing. Sr management is totally clueless. After 5 years with the company, their incompetance continues to astound me. If I wasn't so lazy, I would have left a long time ago. The sad thing is, I wasn't lazy before I started working at GAIN. Maybe there's a corrolation.

Advice to Management

Quit! PLEASE!!!! Decision after decision from the top only benefits the handful of people who run the company. We all get treated liked fools and for some reason we just take it. I really don't think management cares one bit for anyone in the company but themselves. If the company is doing so bad that it can't give raises or pay decent bonuses, how come all you guys seem to get new luxury or high end sports car every year when I can barely afford to keep my 10 year old piece of crap running?