There are newer employer reviews for GAINSCO

Good place to work at

I have been working at GAINSCO

Pros

Smaller organization, less bureaucracy, more interaction between management and employees.

Cons

Pay is not competitive enough.

10 Other Employee Reviews for GAINSCO (View Most Recent)

special place to work

I have been working at GAINSCO

Pros

There is a greater sense of energy and excitement at GAINSCO than at any place I've ever worked before. Management listens and most people are happy to be there. It's an unique place to work. There is a sense that something important is being built, and that you are a part of it.

Cons

people work very hard, and that turns some people off. middle management is stretched kind of thin which can be a positive (you get to do more things) and a negative (you have to figure things out yourself)

true profit sharing, and keep the culture of listening to employees alive. we want to keep wanting to work here!

Great Company, Great Potential for Growth, Unbelievable Opportunities

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the advantages of a mom and pop with the perks of working for a corporation. Management is flexible and understanding about "life situations" and takes an interest in your direction as an employee, regardless of your current position. Management listens to employees and encourages constructive criticism. It's rare to see a corporation of GAINSCO's size take a small idea from a general employee and apply it on a large scale.

Cons

Health benefits are average at best and some departments lack the couth and integrity that others excel in. Additionally, the demographic served is.... difficult... at times.

I don't believe entirely in Welch's 20-70-10 philosophy, but I do believe GAINSCO would excel in letting some of its underperformers go. Keep up the great work in listening to your employees and in your unwaivering pursuit to become the best non-standard auto insurance company in the markets we serve.

There are newer employer reviews for GAINSCO

Worked for GAINSCO? Contribute to the Community!