GAINSCO
www.gainsco.com Dallas, TX 150 to 499 Employees

special place to work

I have been working at GAINSCO

ProsThere is a greater sense of energy and excitement at GAINSCO than at any place I've ever worked before. Management listens and most people are happy to be there. It's an unique place to work. There is a sense that something important is being built, and that you are a part of it.

Conspeople work very hard, and that turns some people off. middle management is stretched kind of thin which can be a positive (you get to do more things) and a negative (you have to figure things out yourself)

Advice to Senior Managementtrue profit sharing, and keep the culture of listening to employees alive. we want to keep wanting to work here!

Great Company, Great Potential for Growth, Unbelievable Opportunities

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time for more than a year

Pros: All the advantages of a mom and pop with the perks of working for a corporation. Management is flexible and understanding about "life situations" and… Cons: Health benefits are average at best and some departments lack the couth and… Advice to Senior Management: I don't believe entirely in Welch's 20-70-10 philosophy, but I do believe GAINSCO would excel in letting some of its underperformers go. Keep up the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible horrible horrible

Dallas, TX

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time for less than a year

Pros: A very casual work environment. Too casual Cons: Once you are hired there is no training for your position. You are required to self train and rely on co-workers for assistance. Please… Advice to Senior Management: Do a clean sweep in managerment and start over. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GAINSCO.

Worked for GAINSCO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GAINSCO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GAINSCO CEO Glenn W. Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by GAINSCO employees.