GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

www.gapsi.com

GAPSI is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

I left a large defense contractor almost two years ago to work with GAP Solutions, and have been thrilled with the changes in my work environment and work/life balance. GAPSI has created many opportunities for me to learn more about the government as it relates to our business, and truly focuses on my areas of strength and how to further progress me as an individual instead of a number. After working endless hours at my previous position, I have appreciated the effort GAPSI takes to ensure a work/life balance and flexibility, as well as their numerous efforts to get to know their employees at various sites - which I had never seen before! Each person that works at Headquarters has become a friend to me, and presents their very best each day to ensure all employees feel like they are a part of a larger team. I also appreciate that when there is a mistake, which happens everywhere, GAPSI dedicates time to fix the issue and take steps towards ensuring the same issue does not happen again. It has been a great company to work with, and I look forward to continuing a career here!

Cons

It is often difficult to reach out to each employee individually because of various factors and limited resources - but they dutifully work to ensure each person is directly taken care of. Because of this dedication, I have seen an increase in employee relations and satisfaction!

Work to keep the "fun" atmosphere you have worked so hard to attain! This is a great company, not like many others! Employees enjoy the one-on-one time, as well as group lunches, breakfasts, and even popsicle carts so that they have time to meet with everyone on their team! This sets GAPSI apart from other contractors, and helps to make a difference in the stressful environment we work in.

Other reviews for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Loved Working here

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA

Pros

Great company to work for! The company allows contract employees easy access to client services managers via the web, phone, fax, etc.

Cons

GAP is a contract employer with the federal government. As with many contract companies, there is no job security.

Want to work with a bunch of babies?

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

Pros

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) has a tendancy to attract likeable employees and attracted likeable clients. This made the work environment and job responsibilities more bearable. At times, the extremely laid back culture had its perks. For example, if an employee wanted to bring their dog or even their baby to work, they could do so. However, as one could imagine, this was not always viewed as a plus.

Cons

In general, the owners of GAPSI were extremely difficult to work for. They were constantly paranoid of their employees and would even go as far as searching through their personal email and trashcans during the evening hours in order to see what someone "may be hiding". They also had a tendancy to be frugal to the complete extreme. They would keep their paperstock in a locked cabinet, with only the owner having the key to the lock. In the meantime, when employees needed paper in order to print, they were forced to use the other side of previously printed documents to now print on. Another example of their frugalness would include their "holiday party", which consisted of either a potluck lunch with employees bringing their own dishes or the $5 a drink night at the local Champps restaurant with a two drink max. Needless to say, the work environment and leadership were extremely poor at GAPSI.

They need to obtain higher education than the high school diploma that they have and understand that without respecting their employees their business wil fail.

There are newer employer reviews for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI).

Worked for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)? Contribute to the Community!