There are newer employer reviews for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Mgmt is so disrespectful to staff.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hire recent college grads with no experience.

Cons

Management will purposely try to humiliate you in front of others, question you during meetings, and persisting if they see you are nervous. I've never ever been treated so badly by an employer. When I first started working there I found out about the high turnover, but I decided to stay. The pay is terrible. Recruiters make about 28k with some commission and the workload is unbearable.

The cheapness at this place is ridiculous, you can't have new paper, you have to constantly use used paper. You can barely get any supplies for yourself. And the office seating arrangement is strange, you sit RIGHT NEXT to your manager and others, practically touching elbows.

Health insurance is VERY expensive, and there's absolutely no work/life balance whatsoever. They want you in the office for NINE hours, they tell you you can have a one hour lunch break but that's impossible with the workload.

And the most absurd thing of all: they make you memorize their motto which is like 100 words and you have you write it down by memorization in your first couple of weeks there.

Have some respect for the people that work for you and maybe people will stay. These are the same people that have made you wealthy, treat them right.

20 Other Employee Reviews for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Program Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Program Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

My contract manager at GAPSI is wonderful - she's very hands on and clued in to what's happening in my office without being intrusive. She works well with my bosses and communicates openly. As a whole, I think GAPSI treats employees very well!

Cons

There were some hiccups in the hiring process, including having to resubmit a form over and over again because of their clerical errors. This was at the very beginning, however, and once I was hired things went much more smoothly.

Keep up the great work!

GAPSI is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I left a large defense contractor almost two years ago to work with GAP Solutions, and have been thrilled with the changes in my work environment and work/life balance. GAPSI has created many opportunities for me to learn more about the government as it relates to our business, and truly focuses on my areas of strength and how to further progress me as an individual instead of a number. After working endless hours at my previous position, I have appreciated the effort GAPSI takes to ensure a work/life balance and flexibility, as well as their numerous efforts to get to know their employees at various sites - which I had never seen before! Each person that works at Headquarters has become a friend to me, and presents their very best each day to ensure all employees feel like they are a part of a larger team. I also appreciate that when there is a mistake, which happens everywhere, GAPSI dedicates time to fix the issue and take steps towards ensuring the same issue does not happen again. It has been a great company to work with, and I look forward to continuing a career here!

Cons

It is often difficult to reach out to each employee individually because of various factors and limited resources - but they dutifully work to ensure each person is directly taken care of. Because of this dedication, I have seen an increase in employee relations and satisfaction!

Work to keep the "fun" atmosphere you have worked so hard to attain! This is a great company, not like many others! Employees enjoy the one-on-one time, as well as group lunches, breakfasts, and even popsicle carts so that they have time to meet with everyone on their team! This sets GAPSI apart from other contractors, and helps to make a difference in the stressful environment we work in.

There are newer employer reviews for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)