Fairly compensated.

Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Rockville, MD

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GAPSI gives each contract a satisfying degree of independence. It trusts its workers to do a good job. Additionally, GAPSI does not overburden its employees, allowing self-motivated workers to improve their skills and people just doing their job to devote time and effort into other endeavors. The benefits package is also very competitive.

Cons

GAPSI could use more of a mission and vision from the top. The positive, laissez-faire attitude to independence unfortunately also carries over to a lack of communication from the top.

Advice to Management

Keep being successful; you've done a good job and I enjoyed working at this company.

Other Employee Reviews for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Hostility and Paranoia

Former Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management and client relations specialists look good in suits and make a lot of money for the company.

Cons

There is an atmosphere of paranoia. They operate under this notion the Federal client is going to strip them of their contract, and this fear becomes the burden of the talent under contract. I had no timekeeping issues for the 4 years I worked there (and senior HHS leaders found me invaluable in the role I performed for the Enterprise Executive Committee), but I was terminated effective immediately for placing 6 hours I worked on a Sunday in the Saturday column of my timesheet. I did not think this would be important to anyone. (No one works weekends anyway). The error in judgment did get caught and corrected in the QA process I co-designed with my on-site technical monitor, but GAPSI was angry with me because they approved my timesheet before they should have (i.e., before my technical monitor and I could finalize it). This happened largely because a holiday weekend put everyone under unusual time pressure. Nevertheless, if there is any "foul" to speak of here, GAPSI is just as much to blame as me, but washed its hands of its responsibility and tried to make me the scapegoat for something that never presented to the client as a problem or issue. The impact of the termination on my young family was severe. GAPSI was aware I had a 10 month old child and dragged me into the meeting to terminate me despite the fact they approved me to take a sick day to care for the infant, who they knew had a fever of 102 and who I described as "leaking from every orifice." In short, when I think of GAPSI, I think of sub-standard human beings in addition to young, immature, and quasi-educated professionals.

Advice to Management

Hire a consultant to train you in the human side of managing a business.

2. Neutral feelings for GAPSi no opinion

Current Contractor - Statistician in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Statistician in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a contractor, they tend to let you be.

Cons

No cons to speak of

Advice to Management

Loyalty building initiative would be beneficial to both parties.