GATX
www.gatx.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

stable and stagnant organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GATX full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStable organization. If your goal is to find a "job" and make a decent living, this organization may suit you well. Top executives of this organizationis ultra conservative and do not take unnecessary risks.

ConsStagnant organization. You will not be technically nor academically challenged. For the most part, you do the same thing over and over again. You would be surrounded by whole bunch of uneducated people who are trying to maintain status quo and get ahead at the expense of other people. Good old boy organization. Do a search on top executives and see if any diversity exists in this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere is the growth on this organization? Please review your own 20 year chart of your own stock and perform a self assesment.

On the outs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GATX

Pros: Who else still gives a pension? Cons: Employees in satellite offices treated inferior Advice to Senior Management: Decide if you're going to keep the company going or… More

Great benefits

Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at GATX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Prime location and great benefits Cons: Pressure to participate in fund-raising activities, management does have clear… Advice to Senior Management: Be consistent; when have a plan stick to it Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GATX.

Worked for GATX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GATX reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GATX CEO Brian A. Kenney. All reviews posted anonymously by GATX employees.