GCI is a company who cares about it's employees and tries to provide what they view as appropriate compensation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at GCI

Pros

GCI is very business oriented and employee minded. They provide competetive benefits and incentives and annually share profits with their employees when possible. GCI cares about their employee's families and offer time off when it's necessary. They also try to create fun events their employees can participate in and support the community with donations and allowing time off for employees to participate in community service.

Cons

I personally feel like I haven't been sufficiently compensated for the what I was hired to do and it was only recently that I figured this out.

I think GCI is a great company but I also feel that compensation review should occur more regularly and that an employee should be made aware when not being offered the industry standard at the very least for salary. I, on the other hand, should have asked more questions. It's not completely anyone's fault. I do believe that GCI is a good company to work for.