GCI Technologies

www.gci-technologies.com
  www.gci-technologies.com
There are newer employer reviews for GCI Technologies

good not great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX

I worked at GCI Technologies

Pros

small family owned private firm, working world wide with clients and manufacturers. great if you enjoy travel and learning about the world

Cons

small family owned private firm, not much room to move up within the company. pay is low, communications can sometimes be difficult.

allow more input from the employees, pay more money or offer incentives for more income in bonuses and commissions etc

3 Other Employee Reviews for GCI Technologies (View Most Recent)

The worst company I ever worked for

I worked at GCI Technologies full-time

Pros

Most of the staff consisted of great people. Room for work/life balance.

Cons

VERY unprofessional upper managment. Job description was misrepresented, advancement opportunities were non-existent. Decisions constantly changing. Most of the work I did meant nothing in the long-run because of all the changes; I really have nothing to show for my time there. Very low salary, minimal benefits. The fact that it's small and family-owned works against it, you are dealing directly with the people who cause a lot of problems, and the children of the owners were also employed there (making far more money than everyone else) despite being inexperienced and underqualified. Morale was extremely low and the turnover rate was the highest I've ever seen.

Pay your employees what they are worth. Stop cutting corners with your decision making because the product quality is suffering immensely. Listen to your staff, they really are trying to help. How can the employees take the company seriously when you don't?

Review

I worked at GCI Technologies

Pros

Short work days - very regular hours for the employees. It is interesting in that it is a hands-on environment. A lot of excellent people work there.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments. Poor mid and lower-level management. High staff turnover. Very limited potential for career advancement or professional growth.

Improve communication between departments. Find better management to encourage teamwork and to increase morale. Allow more flexible work hours. Less micro-management.

There are newer employer reviews for GCI Technologies