There are newer employer reviews for GE Aviation

Great place for a career if you don't mind being paid slightly below market value

Current Employee - Lead Engineer/Technologist in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Lead Engineer/Technologist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at GE Aviation

Pros

Multiple career paths Rewarding work Cutting edge technology

Cons

Overall compensation package is at or below market average Salary is below market average Some senior management are excellent leaders and technically sound, however others lack experience and expertise.

Advice to Management

Fight for your employees compensation packages as they fight for the company every day. With Aviation being one of the top GE Businesses, employees should be rewarded accordingly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Pay, but not worth the effort

Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at GE Aviation

Pros

-Good Pay compared to other companies in the area -Health benefits aren't great, but other GE benefits and discounts are nice -Very good for leadership training -Surrounded by very smart people

Cons

-Everyone is overworked to the point of mental breakdown -Health benefits aren't very good -Too much focus on meeting lofty leadership goals while being worked ragged to meet project goals.

Advice to Management

Pay attention! Some of the best employees are taking serious pay cuts to leave for better work and the ability to see their family occasionally.

GREAT UNTIL YOU REACH 55 OR 60

Current Employee - Cell Leader in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Cell Leader in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at GE Aviation

Pros

Employees in shop are great workers and have good work skills and ethics. Interesting industry in general. Other loyal employees.

Cons

Company doesn't care about the production employees--managers only care about their individual careers and how fast they can climb the ladder. GE expects employee loyalty but does not show loyalty to the employees in return! Cells moving to another GE facility only 20 miles away. Seasoned workers are told they don't automatically get to keep their jobs--have to interview for them and be agreeable to taking less pay! No guarantees they will get to keep their job even then! Just another GEmagination way to screw older employees and hire young workers at minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Quit preaching integrity and show us you have some! Someday you might be 60 years old, too! Stop fussing over the young college grads that don't know squat about our business - we will be glad to teach them what our experience has taught us. We can't do that though when we are forced out or must retire early because the company wants "younger blood."