GE Aviation
www.geaviation.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

A fantastic learning experience.

GE Aviation Co-Op (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

ProsAs an intern, I had access to executives, managers, and professional engineers across all departments. Networking opportunities abounded, pay was very competitive, and they take you in right away as part of the family. The projects I was given were of high value and impact. They are very interested in developing you as a person and engineer, and offer many technical learning opportunities - even allowing you to take apart a real jet engine! Their commitment to integrity is evident in policies and employee attitudes. Also, they just hire really nice people - everyone went out of their way to answer any questions I had and give me any resources I needed.

ConsWorking at such a huge company (10,000 engineers in Cincinnati alone), it's easy to get lost in the mix. While Cincinnati is a nice city, it is pretty far from some of the bigger cities on the east coast, and can feel small at times. To get high up in the company, you will make a lot of personal sacrifices as far as time and family.

I worked here as a co-op for two rotations and learned so much from my experiences.

Infra Business/Operations Co-op (Former Employee)
    Evendale, OH

I worked at GE Aviation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great organizational culture Large diversity in experiences Multiple social events for co-ops Everyone… Cons: Although managers are willing to help, they are often busy. Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Benefits, Nice People, Solid Work

Performance Engineer (Former Employee)
    Lynn, MA

I worked at GE Aviation full-time for more than a year

Pros: +Industry-leading benefits. I almost believe they treat their employees too well! +GE is a household name, and GE Aviation credentials look great on a resume. +Managers… Cons: -Customer focus is not all it could be. Being one of the biggest names in Aerospace comes with a sense of complacency. -Working with a unionized… Advice to Senior Management: Scrutinize the Edison program to make sure that you're hiring quality engineers. It's easier to weed out the deadwood early before it takes root. Weeding… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GE Aviation.

Worked for GE Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Aviation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Aviation CEO David L. Joyce. All reviews posted anonymously by GE Aviation employees.