GE Aviation

www.geaviation.com

Imagination at Work? I'd like to imagine decent benefits and cost-of-living adjustments.

Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsWork-life balance is great, at least in my department.

ConsHealth insurance is almost nonexistent. Deductibles are so high that I can't afford to take my children to the doctor when they need it. We used to have high-walled cubicles, which was bad enough. The company has recently moved us into tiny chest-high cubicles, which we all hate. The work area is freezing, and the layout reminds me of photos of the sweatshops of the early 1900s. I have to believe it makes it hard to recruit new employees when the candidates see these conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer health insurance of a quality commensurate with the size of GE; this isn't a mom-and-pop operation. Devise a salary structure that at least keeps pace with inflation.

Lots of work, community involvement but fun

I have been working at GE Aviation

Pros: Results driven people who will work hard to get things… Cons: People are back stabbing, no work life balance if you want to get… More

Intership Experience: Tase of Huge Company

Co-Op (Former Employee) Lynn, MA

I worked at GE Aviation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Overall a very good 6 month experience Worked as an intern - many opportunities for assignments across the US Large company so many… Cons: Size of organization makes changes and getting follow up difficult Worked in shop/operations environment - highlighted conflicting goals/incentives between… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the intern program going. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GE Aviation.

Worked for GE Aviation? Contribute to the Community!