GE Capital

www.gecapital.com
  www.gecapital.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital

Great people make for a great company!

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at GE Capital

Pros

Global company with many opportunities to move within the GE umbrella, gaining a wealth of cross-functional training while remaining with the same employer. Something most businesses can't boast! Feedback is excellent from most of Management so that performance appraisals are not a surprise.

Cons

Compensation is no small part is based upon performance of clients...beyond direct control of the contributor. Budgetary constraints often lead to lack of performance development.

Listen to the client. Their expectations and desires should dictate how we interact with them. Often times, we let our own goals and metrics get in the way. In any sales business, it's not what the provider thinks about the product or service they offer that matters...it the customer's opinion that mattes most.

634 Other Employee Reviews for GE Capital (View Most Recent)

A company like no other!

Current Employee - Marketing Leader
    Current Employee - Marketing Leader

I have been working at GE Capital

Pros

Unparalled opportunities for growth and leadership development - no other company I've worked for in 15 years comes close. Also, lots of extremely smart people to learn from who also happen to be fun to work with and are worth getting to know. The Company's commitment to diversity and culture of high integrity and strong values are also key differentiators - these are the things that make GE a great 'fit' for me.

Cons

Not really a "downside" - but it's a demanding and very competitive environment. You have to be ready and willing to step up to new challenges every day, which may call for personal sacrifices at times (but don't worry, they usually don't go un-rewarded).

Not sure

GE Capital is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Vice President, Risk Management in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Vice President, Risk Management in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at GE Capital

Pros

Job challenge, training and opportunity. It is a huge organization with opportunity all over the world in a large variety of job types. The culture is open and direct and good teamwork skills are a must. Associates are given adequate technology to accomplish their jobs. Lots of stress is placed on compliance and ethical behavior.

Cons

Might have to relocate for the next opportunity, frequent management changes. Management is frequently too focused on the short term numbers instead of building long term value. In '06 and '07 everything focused on growth and the predictable outcome was a huge loss in the morgage sector that should have been prevented.

Don't let the lust for growth overcome risk discipline.

There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital