GE Capital
www.gecapital.com Norwalk, CT 5000+ Employees

Merriam, KS call center, Stress level is unbelievable, due to poor planning and staffing

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Merriam, KS

Prosbenefits, higher than minimum wage, other than that, nothing

ConsMost entry level positions deal with monthly stats which are extremely hard to achieve.
To much stress, lot of employees on LOA,and or medication due to stress or on corrective action because you just can't provide customer service being pre-occupied with making standards.
Outsourcing! And these outsourced companies do not have to follow the same compliance laws or standards that reps in the US do, no matter what management claims.
If you get your degree while still 20-30yrs old you have advancement opportunity, but if it takes you until you 40-50 yrs old to get that degree, doesn't matter you will just stay stuck in present position, best you may manage is possible lateral move.
They say they have flex time, but you can never use it, 9 out of 10 times its denied
If you are not a employee and have substantial vacation time, you better know where and when you are going on vacation for 2013 because you have to request it by mid December 2012 for approval or you may not get it. Forget about calling in a vacation day, it doesn't happen and will not happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating these positions as a revolving door and CARE about your employees lives!!!

Great people to work with, very knowledgeable of the industry. Culture is extremely inclusive.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Stamford, CT

I have been working at GE Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great work-life balance Good exposure Pay is good Cons: Large organization so it takes time to figure stuff out IT… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the best places I've ever worked

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Stamford, CT

I have been working at GE Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly people, nice boss and secure place to be Cons: Medical insurance, work-life balance is poor Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GE Capital.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Capital CEO Keith Sherin. All reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees.