Great company!

Former Employee - Vice President in Kettering, OH
Former Employee - Vice President in Kettering, OH

I worked at GE Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company that has all that go with a corporation of this size both good and bad. Great people all in all good experience ! Competitive environment and a great place to train and learn ! One of the best in the world to work for !

Cons

Hard to move ideas and get buy in at times in areas you are responsible for. Nothing new here it still exists today! It’s all about GE! Tha attitude is what’s good for GE is good for you Mr. Customer like it or not. We can be arrogant, but we're good just ask us.

Advice to Management

Not sure anything I say here would impact anything they will do in the future. They are successful and I'm sure it will continue !

Other Employee Reviews for GE Capital

Great 1o years ago, now dying a slow painful demise

Former Employee - EMEA in New York, NY
    Former Employee - EMEA in New York, NY

I worked at GE Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of opportunity for training and responsibility. Hires mostly from outside now that market has improved in CT and NY.

Cons

Most upper mgmt has no or little real experience in institutional investments or the decision process at plan sponsors/consultants. Lot's of turnover at the top and gender bias in certain jobs. Closing products without telling outside.

Advice to Management

Go passive or sell off the liabilities. Hire an unbiaded consultant from outside to review HR procedures.

You can sit and do nothing and still get paid - as long as you agree with your Managers!

Former Employee - Investment Management Associate in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Investment Management Associate in Norwalk, CT

I worked at GE Capital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1) Very relaxed culture. 2) Great for life-life balance 3) Do little and still get paid. Do a lot and still get paid 4) Offers stability in life

Cons

1) No meritocracy. Lots and lots of Red Tape 2) No urgency of work. It will get done when it will get done attitude 3) Managers who have no spine - they will not fight for you unless it fits their agenda 4) Lots of meetings, and more meetings about meetings! Meetings about status updates! Tremendous waste of time. 5) Slow decision making and always behind the curve 6) Everyone is a 'bobble head' - if your manager subscribes to a theory, you must do the same. Dare you challenge the status quo! This behavious trickles down from the very top and if you don't conform to it, you will not fit in.

Advice to Management

Learn to encourage challenging the status quo, even if means you disagree with the CEO. It will make you a better company and more competitive.