Great company!

Former Employee - Vice President in Kettering, OH
Former Employee - Vice President in Kettering, OH

I worked at GE Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company that has all that go with a corporation of this size both good and bad. Great people all in all good experience ! Competitive environment and a great place to train and learn ! One of the best in the world to work for !

Cons

Hard to move ideas and get buy in at times in areas you are responsible for. Nothing new here it still exists today! It’s all about GE! Tha attitude is what’s good for GE is good for you Mr. Customer like it or not. We can be arrogant, but we're good just ask us.

Advice to Management

Not sure anything I say here would impact anything they will do in the future. They are successful and I'm sure it will continue !

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great summer internship!

Former Intern - Risk Management Program Intern in Norwalk, CT
    Former Intern - Risk Management Program Intern in Norwalk, CT

I worked at GE Capital as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very involved with the everyday dealings of the Global Valuation Team at GE Capital Real Estate; exposure to senior executives; exposure to multiple areas of risk management (risk analytics, corporate credit review, valuation, portfolio management, etc.); great company culture and great people! Very intelligent but also very down to earth

Cons

Would have liked more events planned for interns to get to know one another; HR process at the end of internship was difficult to understand

Great 1o years ago, now dying a slow painful demise

Former Employee - EMEA in New York, NY
    Former Employee - EMEA in New York, NY

I worked at GE Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of opportunity for training and responsibility. Hires mostly from outside now that market has improved in CT and NY.

Cons

Most upper mgmt has no or little real experience in institutional investments or the decision process at plan sponsors/consultants. Lot's of turnover at the top and gender bias in certain jobs. Closing products without telling outside.

Advice to Management

Go passive or sell off the liabilities. Hire an unbiaded consultant from outside to review HR procedures.