There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital

Great company!

Former Employee - Vice President in Kettering, OH
Former Employee - Vice President in Kettering, OH

I worked at GE Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company that has all that go with a corporation of this size both good and bad. Great people all in all good experience ! Competitive environment and a great place to train and learn ! One of the best in the world to work for !

Cons

Hard to move ideas and get buy in at times in areas you are responsible for. Nothing new here it still exists today! It’s all about GE! Tha attitude is what’s good for GE is good for you Mr. Customer like it or not. We can be arrogant, but we're good just ask us.

Not sure anything I say here would impact anything they will do in the future. They are successful and I'm sure it will continue !

reviews filtered by

Great 1o years ago, now dying a slow painful demise

Former Employee - EMEA in New York, NY
    Former Employee - EMEA in New York, NY

I worked at GE Capital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of opportunity for training and responsibility. Hires mostly from outside now that market has improved in CT and NY.

Cons

Most upper mgmt has no or little real experience in institutional investments or the decision process at plan sponsors/consultants. Lot's of turnover at the top and gender bias in certain jobs. Closing products without telling outside.

Go passive or sell off the liabilities. Hire an unbiaded consultant from outside to review HR procedures.

Reporting Analyst

Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at GE Capital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

GE definitely has a great company culture. It's not unusual to run into someone who has been with company for 20+ years. You find a lot of employees take pride to be part of the corporation. For employees, it's truly a meritocracy. If you are willing to work hard, no reason why you won't succeed. Talent recognition and promotion is an inherent part of the company's staffing and growth strategy.

Cons

IF you are new to the company and are hired as a lateral, you definitely will need to get up to speed on the terms and company culture. This is not a con, but just something to keep in mind, as adjusting to the fast pace at which the company operates maybe different if you worked in a different setting.

Continue to keep up transparency of all strategic direction the company takes. Solid Management Team!!

There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital