GE Capital

www.gecapital.com

Financial Management Program

Financial Management Program (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsNo other company in the world can match GE for geographic and industry diversity. There is also a willingness to put people in new businesses and functions. The focus on developing people is real. The emphasis on ethical and transparent business practices is real.

ConsThis is probably true of any large organization, but who you know and how you are perceived is very important in advancing. The reality is that there are many capable people for a prime role, and often it comes down to relationships and perception that results in one person chosen over others.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is usually the section where people complain about management. I was overall impressed with management. My main complaint is that the performance reviews are too optimistic and not an accurate assessment of people. What results is that you have lots of people that look good on paper, but when 50% of people are A players, it's politics, perception, or simple randomness rather than actual differentiated performance that matters.

GE Capital values career development

ITLP (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

I worked at GE Capital as an intern for less than a year

Pros: GE values career development and provides many resources to learn new skills pertaining to… Cons: There are not many cons that I can think of. I would have to say my biggest one would be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

VP Marketing

Vice-President (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

I have been working at GE Capital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good business management team and outlook. Cons: Healthcare benefits have gone down in recent years. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GE Capital.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!