GE Capital
www.gecapital.com Norwalk, CT 5000+ Employees

A great place to work, but new parent company strategy changing interal dynamic

M&A Associate (Former Employee)
Norwalk, CT

ProsReasonable pay. Good hours. Good team. Good people. Good company culture. Good leadership. Overall, the company grew strongly from the mid-80's to the mid-00's. After the financial crisis, the parent company made it a goal to shrink and exit platforms viewed as non-strategic and focus instead on USA and specific core spaces linked to the industrial parent.

ConsHeavily bureaucratic. Heavily matrixed organization. The entire company is this way. Fortunately, GE Capital manages to protect itself - most of the time - from the HQ layer of bureaucracy and is able to make the majority of its decisions on its own. However, with the recent inclusion under Federal Reserve regulation, this may change or become more complex.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving everyone the power to say "no" and give more people the power to say "yes"

One Of The Best Jobs To Have, Great People, Great Pay, AMAZING Benefits

Collections Representative (Current Employee)
    Canton, OH

I have been working at GE Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great People, Great Pay, AMAZING Benefits Cons: I Worked In Collections, So Getting Used To Calling People Trying… More

Very disorganized and dysfunctional.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at GE Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros: Name recognition, employment is somewhat secure depending on the division… Cons: Poor senior management, no accountability for performance, unprofessional, long term… Advice to Senior Management: Step into the 21st century. To be successful, you must have the best talent, not just a person that's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GE Capital.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Capital CEO Keith Sherin. All reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees.