GE Capital

There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital

serious work, poor outlook

Former Intern - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
Former Intern - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at GE Capital as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

strong culture within the whole company

Cons

blinded by beauracracy,drop in the bucket

nice.

679 Other Employee Reviews for GE Capital (View Most Recent)

More layoffs this year and next

Former Employee - Analysis in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Analysis in Stamford, CT

I worked at GE Capital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of job openings as people leave and costs are cut.

Cons

Products are disappearing as well as inv teams (commodities). Sales down to 2 from 11.
    Asia and Europe are gone. Looks like an insurance buyout for the plan coming soon.

Marketing and product development are disfunctional. Replace them if anyone will take the risk.

Mediocre at best.

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GE Capital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Long business history, standard benefits package, standard vacation policy.
    Employee discounts, sufficient work environment. Office locations are easy to commute from suburban locations.

Cons

Complacency is consistent throughout the organization. Managers don't manage, they micromanage. There are no opportunities for growth unless you came in fresh from college. Experienced hires aren't appreciated for their knowledge, they're just micromanaged along with the rest. No opportunity to prove your worth. Ridiculous levels of bureaucracy for the simplest of requests. Long timers with bad attitudes just coast through the work day. They're not held accountable and usually pass the blame for their mistakes. And the most curious trait among the managers is really poor business etiquette (always late for meetings or they just don't come to the meeting, no appreciation for time limits, invasion of personal "cube" space, talking to you while you're on the phone) and the list goes on. I wish someone had posted this much detailed information before I accepted the offer. I would have selected my second offer. Hope this helps someone.

Remove the numerous levels of management and allow employees to show what they can contribute. Micromanagement is mismanagement. This style of managing is consistent within the company and not conducive to good morale. There are some that may prefer this type of management, but do you really want them as employees?

There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital