There are newer employer reviews for GE Capital

I like the work and find the company is very fair in treatment.

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Kettering, OH
Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Kettering, OH

I have been working at GE Capital as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers good work hours to temps. There is an opportunity to sign on in permanent employment.

Cons

The work speeds up and slows down which most office jobs does. The pay is good and there are opportunities for overtime. Unfortunately as a temporay contractor there are no benefits of "paid-time-off".

Advice to Management

Some co-workers like to complain but they are tardy from breaks and arrival times to work, they are lax on dress code and even conduct rules. Keep the reminders of these areas of conduct to keep us working efficiently and orderly. It will keep permanent workers from resenting us as employees.

Jul 24, 2014 – Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the transparent feedback and always look to improve. Feedback like this will help us do so!

Other Employee Reviews for GE Capital

Excellent Company With Customer Service At The Forefront

Current Employee - Customer Service (CSR)
    Current Employee - Customer Service (CSR)

I have been working at GE Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent working environment. GE Capital does everything possible to put the customer in the term "customer" service. There is a lot of room for advancement and management supports individual growth within the company. The more an employee gets involved with the company the greater the opportunities. The company offers excellent benefits and provides an adequate balance for work and personal life.

Cons

The work is very demanding and to say that the company micro manages each employee doesn't even come close to the metrics that are reviewed by management. I believe in the end results required by the company, however, I feel that the customer service team is under compensated for the effort and responsibility delegated.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that management should be more tuned in to what customers are saying on the phone calls instead of letting people from out of the country evaluate the calls and customer service responses. As important as excellence in customer service is to management I believe they need to be more aware of what the customer service team has to go through to get to that end and do it in very low call times.

Jul 24, 2014 – Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the transparent feedback and always look to improve specifically in our CSR roles. Feedback like this will help us do so!

2. Very good company, great training!

Former Employee - Litigation Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Litigation Specialist in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GE Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Balanced work/home life. Great co-workers!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons!

Advice to Management

n/a

Jul 24, 2014 – Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your response.