GE Global Research

www.geglobalresearch.com

Great place to start your career, but perhaps not to stay over the long term ?

Senior Scientist (Current Employee) Niskayuna, NY

ProsThe work is Cutting edge work and I get to work with very smart colleagues and with great equipment. I also have the ability to go to conferences, publish papers even though I am at company.

ConsThe salary is definitely sub par and the health care benefits are poor. It will cost $$ to have babies at GE, so think twice before you start a family at GE!

Advice to Senior ManagementGE is a great place to start one's career but perhaps not to stay. I believe that GE is really well known for their managers and not their engineers for a good reason - engineers cannot grow to the highest levels of the company like managers can.

interns at VCV group

Summer Interns (Current Employee) Albany, NY

I have been working at GE Global Research

Pros: professional HR people making adapting the working environmental super easy; open discussion… Cons: Albany is not a very attractive city for young people Advice to Senior Management: nothing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Anonymous.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Albany, NY

I have been working at GE Global Research

Pros: Good research work, state of the art technology areas. Cons: High work pressure, unrealistic expectations, exceedingly high turnaround of employees. Advice to Senior Management: Policies have to change or employees will find other places… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GE Global Research.

Worked for GE Global Research? Contribute to the Community!