There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare

Expect to give 150% all the time if you want to survive at GEHC

Current Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare

Pros

Great benefits, great educational opportunities. Fantastic place to get a start if you are a young person. Great place for the high achieving recent college graduates to get a fast-track on their career.

Cons

They take 'doing more with less' to the extreme. Although they give fantastic lip service to 'work/life balance', in reality it is nearly impossible to achieve in most mid and upper level positions. I have over 30 years of mature, work experience and I've never worked at a company where I NEVER feel encouraged to completely disconnect from work. The stress level is way out of my comfort zone and I consider myself to be fairly stable and reasonable

reviews filtered by

"Winning the battle, but losing the war"

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare

Pros

- Some good raw technologies
    - Friendly colleagues
    - D/O legacy

Cons

- Org reshuffling all the time
    - HR "rubber stamp" only
    - Incompetent management team
    - No strategy
    - Overworked

Learn what the competition is doing and improve!

2. low employee moral fully supported by senior management and HR alike

Current Employee - Field Applications Specialist in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Applications Specialist in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at GE Healthcare

Pros

If you have dedicated and hard working people within your group, it can make the work life pleasant. many of the support staff are a great help if you need something and don't know where to go or who to go to. the health ahead groups are truly committed to making the work environment a healthy one.

Cons

Sr. management often ignores details surrounding issues but would prefer you -the low man on the totem pole - take care of problems without involving their time. Management skills are poor and often direction-less. HR support ensuring your yearly goals and objectives fit your skills (job description) is weak at best and are more concerned about ensuring you do as you are told versus doing right/correct/accurate work so you and the company can be successful. The general moral of the individual groups and office is negative and is palpable on a daily basis.

coaching classes are not the answer to your problems. A little emotional intelligence and a lot of work on your part to acknowledge that effort from you is required to create a functional and satisfying work environment

There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare