There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare

A fantastic company for anyone looking to settle, sit back, and be average

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic work hours. As long as your work is done and you are available during work hours, you don't have to be on-site 8-5 everyday. Very friendly work environment and culture.

Cons

Not as innovative as they like to advertise. Slow moving projects that usually get shelved. A lifetime career can be full of achievements, but you probably won't reach your full potential.

Advice to Management

Get rid of ClearCase for Configuration Management, it is nothing but a blocker for all work. Improve training tools for all positions. Stop supporting on IE, and improve the usability and user experience of your tools. Take risks and allow your employees to be innovative.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to start a career or to begin as an experienced hire

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities Great place to network - if you can put the time and effort into it Great post-retirement

Cons

When it is time to do a RIF... they will cut heads without look at what roles are being cut Always driving for a quarterly number and will totally change direction to make the quarter At times... too big for their own good!

Advice to Management

Many senior roles are filled with staff that have spent their entire career at GE… we tend to be incestuous! GE needs staff from outside the four walls and more staff that have voice of the customer experience.

2. Work experience with GE Healthcare

Former Employee - Customer Issues Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Issues Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, excellent benefits, & a very professional company. They are very big into encouraging volunteerism and back it up by providing time and opportunities to participate. Also are very dedicated to employee health and have a formal program (HealthAhead) to encourage healthy lifestyles.

Cons

Communication by upper mgt of the long term direction of the product I supported was pretty vague upon my departure. Was somewhat frustrating and could make it difficult to provide support to our client base.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to see clearer communication of direction for my business unit. Was very vague my last year with the company.