GE Healthcare

www.gehealthcare.com

World class

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGE is a diversified global company with a progressive management culture. The pay and benefits are good and the opportunities for making a market impact are there, leveraging the resources of a global firm.

ConsIf your company is acquired by GE, do not be surprised to see most leadership roles shift over the first few years to a cadre of GE managers. These new managers have been groomed through GE's leadership development programs, and will do things the standard way but they may not know much about the special needs of your business and of your customers. While this has some beneficial effects, it also can result in costly delays in driving competitive advantages in product development.

Also, realize that most growth opportunities are outside the US and many of the most exciting opportunities will be in developing markets. The days of sending US ex-pats all over the world are over- most of these new opportunities are for people who have a deep understanding of their local cultures. This is a con for US-based candidates but a pro for talent in emerging markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay close to your customers. Be proud of the GE brand, but always be humble with repect to the actual experience customers have with your products and services.

Innovation and Opportunity

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: There is always a desire to do things better and though it can take time to get everyone together to move forward,… Cons: As with many large organizations, just navigating around can be a challenge and though there are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company but beware...Its not all what its cracked up to be!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GE Healthcare

Pros: Good salary and good people Cons: Management and its all about the numbers and their shareholders No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GE Healthcare.

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!