There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare

Entry Level Software Engineer Review

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waukesha, WI
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waukesha, WI

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fascinating product lines, extremely talented people

Cons

Not much mentoring for an entry level position, definitely thrown into the fire

Hire team leaders who can get the most out of their team, not necessarily the best software engineers. Continually take feedback from teams on process improvement.

987 Other Employee Reviews for GE Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Like being in the middle of an ocean with no direction

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people make this company tolerable. Some of the best teams I have ever worked with can be found at this company.

Cons

Management has no clue and provides very little guidance or forward momentum. Management seems to make hasty decisions that have a ripple effect to the lower levels. Three layoffs in the past 3 years, but still show a profit. Need I say more?

Cut the fat in the management arena and go back to what worked before.

Healthcare Organization is unpredictable

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with global recognition. 401k. If you can get approved for education reimbursement, this is a perk. Great training ground for other companies, as you will get world class training and eventually take it to a different company. Very high pay.

Cons

Rigid. Many layoffs. Too many reorganization and realignments over my last four years to keep count. Horrible medical and dental benefits. Many Type A personalities to deal with on a routine basis. High burnout. FDA problems, consent decree, and a CQO who is rigid and allows little deviation from the heavy quality management system that GE uses. Enormous amount of your time will be spent doing training thru an online system, most of which is non value add.

To compete in a global economy in the space of medical devices, you need to be able to make change quicker. GE is a heavy ship moving slowly thru the waters. External changes and competition are changing around us and our captains cant turn this ship fast enough. What happened to all the Lean and Six Sigma initiatives? It seems to happen everywhere except for the QMS.

There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare