GE Healthcare

www.gehealthcare.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare

I had a great experience with GE. I am people oriented and worked with great customers and internal GE support.

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The teams, especially in the field, in GE have been the best that I have worked with. Smart, hard working, responsible. Design Build group is the best.

Cons

Too may levels of internal managers that add no value to the field, products, or customer. All very large corporations seen to be similar. Very few leaders.

Take time to get first had information from the field and customers.

1079 Other Employee Reviews for GE Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Motivating work environment

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GE Healthcare as an intern

Pros

-Working with some of the smartest people in the industry
    -Everyone is hard working
    -Fun!

Cons

-Extremely large company and sometimes difficult to navigate
    -Very competitive to apply, especially to the leadership programs

Great company to work for, but look in the right places...

Former Intern - Software Engineer
    Former Intern - Software Engineer

I worked at GE Healthcare as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Working at one of the remote offices was such an amazing experience. Casual work attire, low cubicle walls, friendly and non-crowded atmosphere, agile development, and flexible work hours are some of the great benefits. I really like the 7 core values that GE emphasizes. Everyone was so open and friendly. EEDP is a great program. I would give this office 5 stars. Unfortunately, the company as a whole is disappointing (3 stars), so I ended up giving the overall rating 4 stars just because I had such an amazing time at the office I worked at.

Cons

It felt very crowded at HQ, and it seemed developers didn't have as much interaction within a small-team environment. It seemed like I was just an ant within a very large colony. Also, it seemed to be slow in adopting changes to the work environment and development methodologies that other offices have had great success with. The current system and the way the office floor is constructed seemed to cause very low productivity in many developers. The bureaucracy and the stiff and mundane work atmosphere are some factors that turned me off. I'm not very confident in the future of the company versus smaller and highly functioning companies in the same industry.

Look at your high-functioning remote offices and what makes employees happy as a model for what the company should try to go for. Don't be afraid to make changes. Encourage creativity and young talent and always be open to suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare