Fantastic place to work!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers trust the employees to do their job. No micromanagement. 3 weeks PTO. Christmas parties. 401k matching. Health insurance was almost nothing.

Cons

Really big company; you can get lost in the woodwork. Training was not great. There is online training that is annoying to go through. Lots of meetings. Little time to do actual work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the meetings. Let us do our job instead of talking about it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. GE Healthcare IT's software business is the epitome of unfulfilled potential.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

GE Healthcare has had for many years all of the building blocks for healthcare IT success, so many can see the potential.

Cons

The frustration of a large bureaucratic organization subject to countless reorganizations and initiatives that do not move the business forward. GEHC is not alone in the business in having these challenges. Good benefits package and access to good corporate training programs. Unfulfilled potential can be agonizing.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way of your best people and take more risks. Make things happen.

Deceptive and Unethical Management

Former Employee - Analyst, Commercial & Sales Analytics in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst, Commercial & Sales Analytics in Princeton, NJ

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location. Great salad bar.

Cons

Deceptive and unethical management. Management unwilling to invest in employees and very little desire to see them succeed. Was surprisingly let go after one month at this company and only 2 weeks of doing actual work, simply because my Excel skills were rusty. Was essentially lied to by my manager. Was only given 1 week of training and was expected to do my work flawlessly. Management more interested in working against you, rather than with you. My manager seemed like he was more interested in appeasing his superiors and less interested in wanting to see his employees succeed. Management has typical "corporation" mentality; all about what can you do for me. Manager more of a boss mentality; does not care about employees. Very bureaucratic environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and allow ample time for your employees to mature into the position and to acclimate with operations/systems! Employment must be mutual, where there is potential to grow within the position and job responsibilities are equally challenging for the employee. How can you manage with the perspective of wanting to see your employees fail?