GE Healthcare

www.gehealthcare.com

Fantastic place to work!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Managers trust the employees to do their job. No micromanagement. 3 weeks PTO. Christmas parties. 401k matching. Health insurance was almost nothing.

Cons

Really big company; you can get lost in the woodwork. Training was not great. There is online training that is annoying to go through. Lots of meetings. Little time to do actual work.

Get rid of the meetings. Let us do our job instead of talking about it.

Other reviews for GE Healthcare

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Great benefits, Really took care of employees after Hurricane Katrina

Cons

It's corporate structure and you're not people anymore

If you like corporate lifestyle and set rules with no lee way then this is for you.

Deceptive and Unethical Management

Former Employee - Analyst, Commercial & Sales Analytics  in  Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst, Commercial & Sales Analytics in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Good location. Great salad bar.

Cons

Deceptive and unethical management. Management unwilling to invest in employees and very little desire to see them succeed. Was surprisingly let go after one month at this company and only 2 weeks of doing actual work, simply because my Excel skills were rusty. Was essentially lied to by my manager. Was only given 1 week of training and was expected to do my work flawlessly. Management more interested in working against you, rather than with you.

My manager seemed like he was more interested in appeasing his superiors and less interested in wanting to see his employees succeed. Management has typical "corporation" mentality; all about what can you do for me. Manager more of a boss mentality; does not care about employees. Very bureaucratic environment.

Invest in your employees and allow ample time for your employees to mature into the position and to acclimate with operations/systems! Employment must be mutual, where there is potential to grow within the position and job responsibilities are equally challenging for the employee.

How can you manage with the perspective of wanting to see your employees fail?

There are newer employer reviews for GE Healthcare.

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!