Used to be a great place to work, now, not so much.

I have been working at GE Johnson Construction

Pros

Good benefits package, health insurance, life insurance, good 401K package including matching 6% of salary by the company. A large group of employees have been here for 5 years or longer.

Cons

Used to be a great place to work, has gone downhill over the past few years. Promotions given to unqualified people who have no people skills. When senior level employees with 15+ years with the company are leaving something is wrong. Some managers will throw you under the bus, or stab you in the back in order to get ahead. HR is woefully useless, HR Director knows nothing about construction and less about those of us who do, and doesn't care. Spends most of his time recruiting from east coast schools, few of these out of state people he has recruited have stayed on. Company has gotten very clickish, grads from little known schools don't count, if your school doesn't have a nationally known sports program forget it, you don't count. Be willing to spend a lot of time away from home (that's construction), and be willing to work 60+ hours a week without any appreciation for your personal sacrifices.

Stop condoning the favoritism, publicly recognize those who have made a positive contribution to the company. There are a lot of good, loyal, employees with many years of service looking to jump ship when the economy turns around. Morale is very low in the field.

Other Reviews for GE Johnson Construction

Great people, mid management suffers

I have been working at GE Johnson Construction

Pros

Great culture, people and history. Strong builders, and many good managers. Great management team. Great customers.

Cons

Some mid level managers have few people or conflict resolution skills. HR doesn't do much about it. Executive management to tolerant of the behavior of just a few.

See above

Buyer Beware

I worked at GE Johnson Construction

Pros

Successful company. Has been around for many years. Has some great projects under their belt. Good work product.

Cons

Treatment of employees and respect shown for dedicated service is lacking.
    Serious lack of strong HR policies and leadership which comes from the top.
    Poor culture which also comes from the top.

Leadership needs to re-evaluate themselves and ask what is our brand and do we care. Brand is not only our product but our employees. Former employees can end up being customers and are we doing the best we can do? Do we ask the same from ourselves as we ask of our employees? What is our legacy? What are our values and do we walk the walk?

There are newer employer reviews for GE Johnson Construction.

Worked for GE Johnson Construction? Contribute to the Community!