GE Oil & Gas

www.geoilandgas.com
  www.geoilandgas.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE Oil & Gas

Proud to be employed by one of the worlds most renowned Companies, its a great place

Current Employee - Project Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at GE Oil & Gas

Pros

Great people, nice environment, decent remuneration and opportunity to climb. I get great feedback and a lot of leeway from my manager and support and recognition from senior management. The rewards and recognition system is so easy to use to reward your own team. They provide a sport facility.

Cons

Integrity and Compliance is an obsession, its stifling, overly bureaucratic (am I really going to win a contract by giving a customer a calendar or taking him to dinner?). Too many GE wide messages overload your inbox, functional organisation is chaotic - functions work against eachother, sometimes I wonder how we make $/£. Workflows for everything and have you tried claiming expenses??

Functional managers need to be more accountable for margin leak and their own issues, PMs cant fix it all.

134 Other Employee Reviews for GE Oil & Gas (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

I worked at GE Oil & Gas

Pros

Although a global company, it's still small enough to be agile. Good direction, and is looking to come through the downturn solidly despite the industry it is in. The people are dedicated, and on a whole pleasant to work with/for.

Cons

Finally starting to shed it's old boys network attitude that had been instilled since being closley linked with Sea Containers.

Be more clear about the direction you are taking with regards to the global changes. Saying the shift to Singapore is finished, when it clearly isn't, doesn't help anyone.

Politics & short term gains that lead to long term losses!

Current Employee - Co coordinator
    Current Employee - Co coordinator

I have been working at GE Oil & Gas

Pros

Fast paced, energetic, benefits, looks good on your CV

Cons

politics, inexperienced mangers, long hours, penny pinching, short term views, more concerned about the share price than anything else!

Know the job before you try and manage the team!

There are newer employer reviews for GE Oil & Gas