GE

www.ge.com

Actively trying new things in a large old company should be applauded

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGE will take small companies and try to balance the introduction of their systems with allowing the entrepreneur spirit to continue to flourish. A difficult balance, but well worth it as a small company grows into a larger one.

ConsThe cost discrepancies between different product groups makes for a challenge to work across division boundaries. The review cost structure of 100MW systems cannot be the same as the review process requirements for the 0.5MW system. The “tollgates” need to be better matched to the actual risk proposition, or the small company needs to be left outside the fold.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to continue to monitor and adjust the way small entities are swallowed into the larger GE and it's systems. Synergy is only possible if the smaller group continues to thrive.

Our company was bought and at first it was rough, but getting

I have been working at GE

Pros: Not going out of business soon. It could be worse.… Cons: GE management does not understand how our origianl business worked and… Advice to Senior Management: There is more to a business than just metrics Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Powerful company with a lot of creativity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GE

Pros: GE is a very well known company and holds a lot of power… Cons: Only problem I experienced was the 1,2,3 rating system where everyone is… Advice to Senior Management: Let lower level managers have more flexibility with deciding annual salary increases. Everyone receiving a '2'… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GE.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!