GE

www.ge.com
  www.ge.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE

Actively trying new things in a large old company should be applauded

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at GE

Pros

GE will take small companies and try to balance the introduction of their systems with allowing the entrepreneur spirit to continue to flourish. A difficult balance, but well worth it as a small company grows into a larger one.

Cons

The cost discrepancies between different product groups makes for a challenge to work across division boundaries. The review cost structure of 100MW systems cannot be the same as the review process requirements for the 0.5MW system. The “tollgates” need to be better matched to the actual risk proposition, or the small company needs to be left outside the fold.

We need to continue to monitor and adjust the way small entities are swallowed into the larger GE and it's systems. Synergy is only possible if the smaller group continues to thrive.

2725 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

Our company was bought and at first it was rough, but getting

I have been working at GE

Pros

Not going out of business soon. It could be worse. They do try to do things right.

Cons

GE management does not understand how our origianl business worked and drove a lot of people with the knowledge out the door.

There is more to a business than just metrics

Powerful company with a lot of creativity

I worked at GE

Pros

GE is a very well known company and holds a lot of power in the world. Creative and innovative. Definitely a great resume builder.

Cons

Only problem I experienced was the 1,2,3 rating system where everyone is rated on this scale with a very low salary percentage increase each year.

Let lower level managers have more flexibility with deciding annual salary increases. Everyone receiving a '2' rating and everyone from the slackers to high performers getting 2.7% increase is not fair and promotes laziness.

There are newer employer reviews for GE