Ever growing opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You will always have an opportunity to try something new in the IT environment. During my time at GE I was put into roles where I had limited experience and given the training that would help me become successful in the role. I was also provided with coaching and mentoring that helped me ask questions and get the job done.

Cons

You will work like a dog to be successful. It is a 24/7 environment and its difficult to break the cycle once you get to performing in the organization. There is a TON of bureaucracy in the company. You have to get approvals from a variety of people that know nothing about your project and its time consuming bringing everyone up to speed. Sometimes you feel like you are a salesman peddling your project to different people just to get them to approve it.

Advice to Management

If we continuously change we will never reach the performing stage of group development. Once you feel like you get to that level then we shake it up and then shake it up again. This is good for the business but it gets discouraging for people doing the projects.

Other Employee Reviews for GE

1. GE has always brought good things to my life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Pros

Professional development, compensation and challenge

Cons

Can overshadow time for family

Advice to Management

None

2. A GREAT place to learn

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Associate in Tehachapi, CA
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Associate in Tehachapi, CA

Pros

Having GE on the resume provides for automatic credibility. The culture is very "up or out", which is good in terms of opportunities for promotion.

Cons

As with any large organization, it is easy to become a cog in a wheel. It takes a lot of effort to get the bigger picture.