GE

www.ge.com

Ever growing opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You will always have an opportunity to try something new in the IT environment. During my time at GE I was put into roles where I had limited experience and given the training that would help me become successful in the role. I was also provided with coaching and mentoring that helped me ask questions and get the job done.

Cons

You will work like a dog to be successful. It is a 24/7 environment and its difficult to break the cycle once you get to performing in the organization.
There is a TON of bureaucracy in the company. You have to get approvals from a variety of people that know nothing about your project and its time consuming bringing everyone up to speed. Sometimes you feel like you are a salesman peddling your project to different people just to get them to approve it.

If we continuously change we will never reach the performing stage of group development. Once you feel like you get to that level then we shake it up and then shake it up again. This is good for the business but it gets discouraging for people doing the projects.