Ever growing opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GE

Pros

You will always have an opportunity to try something new in the IT environment. During my time at GE I was put into roles where I had limited experience and given the training that would help me become successful in the role. I was also provided with coaching and mentoring that helped me ask questions and get the job done.

Cons

You will work like a dog to be successful. It is a 24/7 environment and its difficult to break the cycle once you get to performing in the organization. There is a TON of bureaucracy in the company. You have to get approvals from a variety of people that know nothing about your project and its time consuming bringing everyone up to speed. Sometimes you feel like you are a salesman peddling your project to different people just to get them to approve it.

Advice to Management

If we continuously change we will never reach the performing stage of group development. Once you feel like you get to that level then we shake it up and then shake it up again. This is good for the business but it gets discouraging for people doing the projects.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to learn and grow professionally, but big business politics can be frustrating.

Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Greenville, SC

I have been working at GE

Pros

Challanging work and high expectations drive you to be a great Engineer. Global business builds communication skills and provides an opportunity to travel abroad. Coworkers are easy to work with and the vast range of expertise allows for great collaboration and problem solving.

Cons

Big business bureaucracy restricts creativity. Some managers are not directly involved in work done by those underneath them which makes it difficult to get an adequate and meaningful performance review.

Advice to Management

Choices in managers closely working with Design Engineers should have a sound technical background and personality skills that make it easy to communicate with this person in technical and magagerial conversations.

2. GE has always brought good things to my life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at GE

Pros

Professional development, compensation and challenge

Cons

Can overshadow time for family

Advice to Management

None