GE

Overall satisfied

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at GE

Pros

Work satisfaction. Good content. Smart people. Good Culture

Cons

Work life balance is not great.

2521 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

Big company with a lot of oppurtunities. You just need to be in the right business.

Current Employee - Lead Accountant  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Lead Accountant in Shelton, CT

I have been working at GE

Pros

it is a land of oppurtunity. There are offices everywhere so your career growth isn't restricted. If your willing to travel or are globally mobile, then you can do anything you want. Some of the people there are absolutely brilliant and very motivated

Cons

Structured annual increases. Your hard work may get you an annual increase of 5% but really whats that when the guy next to you gets 2% and leaves at 4:58pm everyday regardless of things not being done. Also, after turning down a few job offers I am irritated at the percent raises on internal transfers. I would rather see what they're willing to pay for the job rather than basing my salary on my previous job.

It would be great to see more direct communication from senior leaders. It's comical when you get thank you emails from senior leaders that were "sent on their behalf". Come on, really...

It's all about the manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at GE

Pros

Lots of opportunity for job advancement; GE has offices in almost every major city; some of the best leaders come from here

Cons

Some sites don't take care of their buildings; some managers are awesome but others don't seem to care about employee engagement

Walk the talk - make employee engagement a priority in years other than when the GE Opinion Survey is distributed

There are newer employer reviews for GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!