GE

Tax Department Life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at GE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good emphasis on getting correct processes in place. Large company that seems to put emphasis on mobility. Strong HR processes.

Cons

Very corporate atmosphere even by corporate standards. Due to size, some areas have more beaurocracy than one may be sue to, but its necessary to protect the company.

2521 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

GE Houston Horrible took a 10K pay cut just to get away

Former Employee - Senior Field ServiceTechnician  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Field ServiceTechnician in Houston, TX

I worked at GE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

competitive pay is about the only positive thing i can say about this company but with the benefits getting as bad as they were i'm not even sure if the pay makes up for it.

Cons

Horrible management, GE bought our offshore service company and brought in their own management. They had no idea about our industry and no idea about our product. They didn't follow our policies or their own, if you had an issue and it actually fell under a policy they would just change the policy or ignore it all together. They skimped on everything from tools, supplies, software, you name it, it wasn't uncommon to bring something from home just to be able to complete a job. There was also a horrible attitude when it came to the customers so long as the customer didn't know it was wrong then it was okay. This attitude was directly from our upper management and just had a trickle down effect. It was definitely a blame game with very little accountability.

Reevaluate, put a little more value in actual experience, we had guys with 10+ years of experience leaving left and right because of our management or lack of.

Fun place to work

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Engineering in Buffalo, NY

I worked at GE as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an entry level or intern work is extremely hands on 50% on shop floor and 50% in office. Great learning environment.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. most employees work at least 10 hour work days.

Work/life balance should be encouraged more.

There are newer employer reviews for GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!