GE

www.ge.com

Good place to work if you can handle the bureaucracy.

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Minden, NV

ProsThe culture is very relaxed, the business is very profitable, and the people are generally all around good and smart people. Work/Life balance usually has a pretty high priority.

ConsThe salaries are just average, annual raises are typically small (average less than 3%), lots of bureaucracy within the GE matrix organization. Upper management sometimes also has a habit of selling products that don't exist, which creates a strain on the engineering teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be better if the upper management rewarded employees for hard work. Especially when a particular business (such as Bently Nevada) is very profitable.

Great Work Environment

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at GE full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great co-workers Great Benefits Opportunity to work in various industries Cons: Not a lot of downsides Advice to Senior Management: Better followup on the annual Goals and Objectives Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of growth opportunity

Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) Schenectady, NY

I have been working at GE full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very committed to personal and career development. Immense resources. Good… Cons: Lots of bureaucracy. Even tiny decisions need to get approval… Advice to Senior Management: Keep benefits packages strong or employee retention will suffer Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GE.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!