GE

www.ge.com

GE Houston Horrible took a 10K pay cut just to get away

Senior Field ServiceTechnician (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Proscompetitive pay is about the only positive thing i can say about this company but with the benefits getting as bad as they were i'm not even sure if the pay makes up for it.

ConsHorrible management, GE bought our offshore service company and brought in their own management. They had no idea about our industry and no idea about our product. They didn't follow our policies or their own, if you had an issue and it actually fell under a policy they would just change the policy or ignore it all together. They skimped on everything from tools, supplies, software, you name it, it wasn't uncommon to bring something from home just to be able to complete a job. There was also a horrible attitude when it came to the customers so long as the customer didn't know it was wrong then it was okay. This attitude was directly from our upper management and just had a trickle down effect. It was definitely a blame game with very little accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate, put a little more value in actual experience, we had guys with 10+ years of experience leaving left and right because of our management or lack of.

Fun place to work

Engineering (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

I worked at GE as an intern for less than a year

Pros: As an entry level or intern work is extremely hands on… Cons: Poor work/life balance. most employees work at least 10… Advice to Senior Management: Work/life balance should be encouraged more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Stable Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at GE full-time

Pros: -Good Learning Opportunity -Lots of job opportunities -ok to move to different… Cons: -pay tends to be below market -high work loads with long… Advice to Senior Management: movements to lessen employee benifits without compensation has reduced the number of people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GE.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!