GE

www.ge.com
  www.ge.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE

Great place for an intern

I worked at GE as an intern

Pros

Very helpful coworkers. Got me involved in interesting projects that were relevant to where I wanted to take my career.

Cons

It is a pretty large company, so projects don't move as quickly as in smaller companies and it's hard to see all the aspects of the projects you are working on.

2606 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

Warm bodies wanted

Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at GE as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

One of the few larger employers in the East Bay that is aggressively hiring
    Lots of projects
    Opportunities if you want them, but do you want to design circuit breaker software?
    Offices are nice, but they want you in the office 5 days a week, 9 hours a day.
    International travel if you want it

Cons

GE is hiring warm bodies, without regards to passions, desires, skillsets.
    I was hired, told I was doing one thing, ended up doing another, something I had no expertise in. I had to start right away but sat on my ass for the first 3 weeks waiting on a computer, a project, software, etc while GE took their time. I got paid, but it's not really a situation I like being, getting paid, going into an office and doing nothing. I'd rather take a vacation, get back to me when you have the stuff I need to get to work.
    Projects are not that exciting. They convey to you are they are on the 'cutting edge', but no not really
    No work from home

If you are hiring well know people in the industry with lots of experience in a specific industry or specific skillset, then use that experience. People have specific passions/expertise that motivates them, you'll lose the people when they figure out that GE is hiring warm bodies (extremely senior warm bodies) who will get bored quickly and leave.

As I worked at Global Research, lack of social environment. Super smart employees, with no social skills.

Former Employee - Edison Intern in Niskayuna, NY
    Former Employee - Edison Intern in Niskayuna, NY

I worked at GE as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great technology, smart minds, forefront of the industry

Cons

Very rigid research environment, lack of social environment made it difficult to go to work

There are newer employer reviews for GE