There are newer employer reviews for GE

awesome

Former Employee - Planning in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Planning in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at GE full-time

Pros

great work environment, competitive salary, great people, ideas encouraged, large network, endless opportunities, and knowing I was a part of something great

Cons

none at all. This was a great place to work and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent Company for leaders and engineers

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Minden, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Minden, NV

I have been working at GE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong leadership, excellent training, extremely strong senior leadership. Highly technical company that manufactures goods in the United States.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Your value in the company is dependent on your ability to network across a web of stakeholders. May not be a good fit for some.

Simplify the business structure

Warm bodies wanted

Former Contractor - Lead User Experience Designer in San Ramon, CA
    Former Contractor - Lead User Experience Designer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at GE as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

One of the few larger employers in the East Bay that is aggressively hiring
    Lots of projects
    Opportunities if you want them, but do you want to design circuit breaker software?
    Offices are nice, but they want you in the office 5 days a week, 9 hours a day.
    International travel if you want it

Cons

GE is hiring warm bodies, without regards to passions, desires, skillsets.
    I was hired, told I was doing one thing, ended up doing another, something I had no expertise in. I had to start right away but sat on my ass for the first 3 weeks waiting on a computer, a project, software, etc while GE took their time. I got paid, but it's not really a situation I like being, getting paid, going into an office and doing nothing. I'd rather take a vacation, get back to me when you have the stuff I need to get to work.
    Projects are not that exciting. They convey to you are they are on the 'cutting edge', but no not really
    No work from home

If you are hiring well know people in the industry with lots of experience in a specific industry or specific skillset, then use that experience. People have specific passions/expertise that motivates them, you'll lose the people when they figure out that GE is hiring warm bodies (extremely senior warm bodies) who will get bored quickly and leave.

There are newer employer reviews for GE