GE

www.ge.com
  www.ge.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE

Small fish in a mammoth but great ocean

Former Employee - IT Manager
Former Employee - IT Manager

I worked at GE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

GE is a huge company that is made up of multiple strong businesses. Irrespective of what role you are in, every day you learn and grow exponentially. The leaders are selected through a tough selection process so any GE leader is a role model. This is the place you need to be to learn leadership skills and grow your business acumen and domain knowledge. Also GE really knows how to sail through tough business cycles with the help of both innovative and effective decision making.

Due to all this I was able to grow from a systems analyst to a seasoned management professional when I quit. I owe a lot of my skills and knowledge to GE.

Cons

GE is not a place to be if you would like to grow your technical skills in IT since IT is not a core competency there. Also at times you could feel like very small fish in a mammoth ocean, a cog in the wheel and hence your achievements start looking small in comparison

Some India leaders of IT teams try to control their teams as if they are in IT Services, which is far from reality...and they fail!

2550 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

Stable

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Minden, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minden, NV

I have been working at GE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GE has been smart enough to stay around for a long time because management is pragmatic and tries to stay grounded in real numbers and safe bets.

Cons

Risk taking is not always rewarded, even when successful. GE tends to take safe bet and looks for innovative ideas that they can buy through aquisitions rather than branching out and trying new things themselves.

Find a way to communicate your vision for the future of the business than by telling us the revenue you want to achieve. Having an end goal is great, but you need to tell us how you want us to get there.

Culture

I have been working at GE full-time

Pros

Lots of great opportunities
    You control your own career

Cons

Can be too big at times a lot of red tape

Simplify all of your administrative policies

There are newer employer reviews for GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!