There are newer employer reviews for GE

Work Place Great environment is peaceful

I have been working at GE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I found no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Never had the chance to meet them

reviews filtered by
  1. GE O&G is a quilt of acquisitions... experience will depend a lot on legacy company."

I worked at GE

Pros

Lots of opportunity for movement within company

Cons

Pay tends to be slightly under market. Some P&L's have more "red tape" issues than others.

Advice to Management

Simplify workflows. Metrics are important, but tracking every tiny detail is affecting performance.

Of the companies where I have worked, GE is at the top in terms of ethics, meeting both the letter and intent of the law

Current Employee - Engineering in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at GE full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, even as the rest of the world is offering dwindling benefits. A regimented employee review process: you never have to wonder where you stand. Excellent talent: once you are in, you know you are among the best. Superior technology: cutting edge, forefront of all that the world has to offer.

Cons

Forced rank system: employee review is a double edged sword… you have to perform to stay in the pool. This is not a con, if you perform well.

Advice to Management

Labor may be cheaper in developing countries, but what is the ultimate cost to productivity? Invest more in agile development, continuous integration, and employee development, regardless of where the employee resides. Attainable goals vs. arbitrary dealines.

There are newer employer reviews for GE