There are newer employer reviews for GE

GE is a really great place to co-op/intern. I enjoyed my varied experiences each rotation.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GE as an intern

Pros

For the most part, amazing managers! Each rotation co-oping/interning, you have the opportunity to pick a new position and new location if you wish. This was great to see different environments of GE and live in new cities.

Cons

I had one manager who was too busy to have a co-op/intern. I wasn't utilized as much as I could have been.

Advice to Management

Make sure every manager who is applying to have a co-op/intern is willing to spend that extra amount of time to mentor them. I truly benefited from that mentor relationship with all except one of my managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Spectacular first job

Current Employee - Engineer/Technologist
    Current Employee - Engineer/Technologist

I have been working at GE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company, well known, amazing people (coworkers and management), lots of growth potential, excellent leadership development, a procedure exists for everything, CEO values permeate the entire company

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult, benefits do not take additional education into consideration and lag behind industry after new-hire, sometimes the procedures are too restricting or not well defined, "support the customer" seems to mean do whatever they ask instead of aiding them in understanding the rippling effects

Advice to Management

Overall good job so keep it up. It's good that you are highly visible, but most of the time we see/hear you it's because of a problem you want fixed, sometimes the working level needs you to provide additional push on customer. Employee annual review seems like a bloated process but it works pretty well.

2. great.....

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at GE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

multi cultural and values and good company

Cons

none...do not remeber any right now

Advice to Management

na............will let u know later