GE

There are newer employer reviews for GE

Good experience

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Stamford, CT

I worked at GE as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great brand and reputation. Excellent training programs. High quality people throughout the organization. Even if GE is not for you long-term, it's a great stepping stone to other opportunities.

Cons

Bureaucracy, which would be virtually unavoidable in a company of this size. GE handles it pretty well though, all things considered.

Junior employees are eager to make a meaningful contribution and would benefit from more opportunities to do so.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you so much for your review. Very sound advice! We value this platform to show transparent feedback and help us to always improve.

2625 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

ITLP at GE

I have been working at GE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

exposure to leadership, training, good pay

Cons

big company so there is a lot of bureaucracy, locations could be better

When hiring/interviewing, let prospective candidates know about the work locations that they'll likely work in and where most of the jobs will be off-program. Some assignment leaders are better than others and having a good assignment leader makes all the difference if a rotation ends up being a good one or not. The screening process to make sure assignment leaders are good enough should be more rigorous.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review and advice. This platform really helps us to have transparent feedback to review and make adjustments to always get better. Thank you!

Potential for Extra-Ordinary growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at GE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been working at GE in San Ramon for over a year and have witnessed unprecedented growth. While most of the product work is in the build phase, one can see the imminent monetization phase materializing pretty soon. It will the place the company in an unimaginable growth trajectory. You would want to be a part of this explosion - work on state of the art technology, solve problems at an amazing scale and get rewarded. Great benefits to go with it

Cons

No upside for the employee in growth

The company should follow the west coast trend and allow employees who contribute to this growth, benefit from it - introduce RSUs.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the advice to management as well. This is a great platform for us to know how we need to improve and what we are doing right. Thank you!

There are newer employer reviews for GE