GE

www.ge.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE

GE: Great place to worked, great place to have worked.

Current Employee - Auditor in Fairfield, CT
Current Employee - Auditor in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at GE

Pros

Diverse businesses to work for and learn. Good benefits. Smart people to work with.

Cons

Salaries are not as high as similar jobs elsewhere. Often high expectations for performance.

Consider the businesses you are in today and how to unlock the most shareholder value out of these businesses. Some belong in the fold and others do not. GE's historic core competency of turning around businesses has not been present through Healthcare, Insurance, Money, etc. We are on a track of buying businesses in good times (buy high) and selling in bad times (sell low). Not a recipe for success.

2888 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - EHS Specialist in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - EHS Specialist in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at GE

Pros

It is a large company that can provide a lot of avenues to continue in your career, a large amount of experience handling a larger variety of issues than one would find at another company, and is highly recognized by other institutions. Also, there is a great possibility to move up within the company.

Cons

It is a large company so sometimes communication is lacking on projects or issues.

In thinking about our future, and advertising our company as an environmentally friendly, they could do much more on the local level beyond what they determine as financially reasonable. However, as a new employee I was respected by senior management. In my position, it was also nice to see such a high regard for employee safety and health from the senior managment.

GE a Great Employer for strong, motivated, intelligent future leaders of the business world

Current Employee - Auditor in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Auditor in Stamford, CT

I have been working at GE

Pros

GE provides access to state-of-the-art technology and management training, unparalleled by other companies I've seen. Employees are encouraged to continue education by refunding costs for advanced degrees at academic institutions as well as sponsoring them to go to training classes and external seminars/workshops throughout the year. GE makes good on its claim of being a diverse employer with meritocracy-based advancement. The Company sponsors several affinity networks to help African American, female, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American employees feel comfortable and confident that discrimination in the workplace is completely unacceptable. GE also has one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the world including being one of the few employers to offer a full pension after retirement. GE offers many programs for flexible work arrangements as well, making it easy for employees to work remotely and spend more time with family if they desire.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure to be cost-conscious and spending on things like celebrations and office comforts is very limited. Employees are constantly trying to take cost out of operations to bolster the bottom line. While being cost sensitive is a good discipline for an organization, I think that GE goes overboard sometimes in order to make profits as high as possible. When the company puts out hundreds of billions of dollars a year, it's hard to understand why the people who make it happen can't even get a free cup of coffee in the office lounges. Other than those minor things, though, there aren't a lot of major pitfalls to working for GE.

To senior management, I would say to examine the lower ranks more often and find ways to motivate the "worker bees" who are doing what they can to keep this great company running full steam ahead. I would also say thanks for the great leadership and guidance to help people like me grow!

There are newer employer reviews for GE