GE

www.ge.com
  www.ge.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE

Rewarding, challenging and a very unique experience

Former Employee - Team Leader in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Team Leader in Overland Park, KS

I worked at GE

Pros

Training, communication skills, hire the best, leadership skill development, many opportunities to advance if so willing

Cons

Retire too many too early, cutthroat culture,

Keep leaders in place for more than 18 months, stop moving the generalists around from one business to another.

2599 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

My experience at GE has been very challegning and work life balance is an issue.

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at GE

Pros

GE is so large and well respected that even if you decide it's not for you and you leave after a few years, others will be impressed with your experience there based on the reputation of the company. There are many, many jobs available within the company so you could potentially make it your place to grow throughout your career.

Cons

Though the company claims to promote work life balance, it's understood that you're expected not to be a "9-5'er". Any significant advancement requires working a lot of unpaid overtime. Only those who devote almost all of their waking hours to the company have real chances of "success".

I think managers could do a much better job of managing resources, meaning trianing employees properly instead of the sink or swin methodology and not having one person do the job of 3.

its better the GM

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at GE

Pros

Interesting technology and work. The direct people you work with are great.

Cons

Impossible to meet deadlines, lacking resources, and constant "help" to meet deadlines. You have to understand GE treats employees as a commodity and once you understand that everything makes more sence

either say this is the way it is deal with it and stop asking for our opinions, and what we are unhappy with when you have no intension of doing anything with the data

There are newer employer reviews for GE