GE

www.ge.com

Bureaucratic Nightmares Abound, Business is Obsessed with Cost and Risk Reduction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schenectady, NY

ProsGenerally, GE is impressive on a resume and people who know it from earlier decades have a surprising reverence for the few remaining US employees.

ConsBureaucratic nightmares entangle in every possible task. At the present, upper management seems obsessed with cost and risk reduction as the only way to improve the company. All meaningful benefits have been stripped from employees (health, retirement, anything left is so limited as to be functionally useless).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive back the benefits from five years ago, or give us pay increases to offset most of the tens of thousands you saved (and we now shoulder) by taking them away.

Turbulent work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at GE

Pros: Challenge work that allows you to stretch your current abilities. Fun… Cons: Extensive means you spend a lot of non-productive time just trying to figure out who does what. Understaffed means… Advice to Senior Management: Please hire more people, quickly. More

good place to start then need to move on

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Niskayuna, NY

I have been working at GE

Pros: good place to start career Cons: poor reward, does not value on research More
There are newer reviews on GE.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!