GEICO

www.geico.com

The pay-off for a rigid culture is little to no advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Pros

The salary is pretty good and after a while the benefits such as profit sharing and insurance are worth it.

Cons

The work is very repetitive and it involves an individuals finances... over the phone. Some of my colleagues had been with the company for almost a decade and the only real advancement were pay raises and more responsibility. Those with leadership ability were not developed.

Other reviews for GEICO

GREAT company, GREAT money, BAD mid-level management...

Former Employee - Customer Service Counselor  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Counselor in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

-Great money, considering little education is needed
    -Generally supportive supervisors (most I encountered were)
    -Recognition for hard work was shown, rarely missed
    -Great benefits & flexible schedules

Cons

-New company procedures as well as new insurance regulations would change, and who was the last to find out at times? Either the agent handling the issues on a daily basis, or the people who monitored your calls for quality assurance. If that seems a bit "off" to someone reading this, you're not alone in your thinking!
    -Mid level management was very disorganized, always being changed due to lack of performance within the given department, and also very two faced. I would hear managers in the service department actually smile and shake hands with an agent, then walk into their office and talk very harshly of the same agent - all within the same day at times. Are we in high school?
    -You can work at this company for years, be considered a "top performer" for the company, but if they want to get rid of you... they will. A great friend of mine was let go, all because their manager couldn't figure out a report correctly and he questioned things on the report (respectfully). After learning of what happened, and hearing that this person's own immediate supervisor was in disbelief over the ordeal - I quickly looked for a new job in the insurance business and left a few months later before I, too, could be fired for any given reason.

This is especially for new members of management or those who are switched to a new department: learn of the job YOUR agents do, and your job will come naturally to you! If you try to figure your job out, without figuring out what it is like to be an insurance agent, you'll forever seem disconnected and confused. We can tell when you don't know what you're talking about... all of us who completed the 8th grade and tell when you are BS'ing us, and we also don't appreciate when you talk behind our backs to our supervisors or other agents... they tell us! ;-)

Good place for steady income

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Macon, GA

Pros

Great benefits
    Good pay
    Flexible Hours
    Profit Sharing

Cons

Hard to be promoted past a certain point
    Raises stink
    You're easily replaced

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!